Sunday, February 28, 2010

How English Am I Now?! And Some Other Favo(u)rite Photos

Here is a short but sweet montage of some of my fave photos here in England


Big Ben, or more properly known as the Great Clock of Westminster.  (The Great Bell, located inside the tower is actually the proper Big Ben).  While this is sort of a stock photo, it serves to remind me just how, at my fingertips, is a city so rich in history, in culture, in architecture, art...you name it.  And that is an opportunity that should be acknowledged.



I took this one last spring at Kensington Garden (adjacent to Kensington Palace, where, if I am not mistaken, Princess Di lived after separating from Prince Charles (who, by the way reports that he will go by one of his middle names - George - when he ascends the throne.  But if I were him, I would go with another one of his middle names - Arthur.  Because, there has never actually been a crowned king of the United Kingdom by the name of Arthur.  But I digress...)  This photo serves as an inspiration for my ongoing/forthcoming/oh-my-god-how-am-I-ever-going-to-get-this-done garden project.



Tee hee.




Though the red telephone booth is an iconic image in the minds of people the world over, they are slowly removing them from the landscape, save a few touristy areas.  Weathered, but still standing (although it seems with a little lean) this phone booth is located in approximately the middle of nowhere, has made the cut.  Methinks it is because they have completely forgotten about it.




How English am I now?!  My newest purchase, for the previously mentioned gardening project.  And let's be honest - rainy day (also known as every day) use. 

2 comments:

  1. You've got some wellies! that makes you more English than most English people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I wore them out in the garden today despite the rain and therefore the inability to do any yard work just to wear them! :-)

    ReplyDelete